Thursday, June 17, 2010

Assignment 9 Comments to websites

MIT Open Courseware, OpenCourseWare Consortium

This site is a useful website, because I can find out the courses I interested. For example, if I want to understand physics, I will look for any course about it. What's more. This site provide the lecture notes, video clips, list of assigned textbook, assignments, exams. Complete materials are provided by this site. It would be benifit for anyone who has strong desire to learn well. No matter how old you are, this website always the best choice to build up your understanding on your interestung subjects. However, there aways exists imperfection on anything. For instance, not every course provide above mentioned materials. That is, maybe some course doesn't provide video clips but some does or some provide free textbook downloading but some is not. As a learner, we wish it provide more resourse we can use. Therefore, if a course doesn't have complete resourse, we will feel something bad on this website. Another one is, for someone, this site doesn't provide the course they look for. In another word, this website doesn't appear such a course. For someone, they would also think this website is not useful. So, does it maen this website is bad? Certainly is wrong. Because every lector has its own teaching style, there is no doubt some courses don't provide complete resourse. Furthermore, not every lector is willing to share there material to public, because this all are their work and assets. We have to respect their choice. After all, we are lucky that we can freely use their work. As for some course doesn't appear in the website, I think, we have to understand one thing. This website is founded by school. Those courses appear in the website its knowledge is established well. If you want to understand the latest development, this website is out of possible. You need to use other resourse to help you. In summary, the purpose of this website is to help you understand those subjects is fundamental to respective department. If you want to delve into some field, you should look for other means.

Academic Earth

As for other website like "Academic Earth", its feature is obvious, it only provides video clips. But browsing  these videos online is unsmooth. And the number of course is few. Nevertheless, videos of course are complete. If you want to watch a subject, its searies videos is complete.

TED: Idea worth spreading

This website provides many speeches and contents are good. I appreciate their belief: idea worth spread. I can listen many excellent ideas from speaker. One of benifit using this website is that you can see more further than your current situation. I mean, because we are living in Taiwan, what we encounter only limits in our study, consuming expense even our future work. It is hard to see other things that is more essential  when you are surrounding by convenient enviroment. This websit compensates this point. I really like this website and I really have to remind gratutidue in my mind to thank you those people founding this website. Because of them, we have chance to listen such a great ideas across different time, different place and different language, what's more, out of costing.

Top 100 Speeches

This website provides many speeches. Maybe the biggest difference between it and TED is the time speech happened. I notice that speeches provided by this site most relating to politics. In contrast, TED provides a variety of themes. Besides, TED updates more fast than this website. So, I prefer to use TED if I want to listen speeches. However, if I want to listen older speeches, I would go to this website.

台大演講網

I think NTU really do something good for everyone. They establish this website to help everyone. The best feature is the language we are familiar with. However, the disadvantage of this website is the size of window is limited. I try several speeches and every speeches all confined by small window. But it is worth to see their speeches, you can find out many good speeches.

1 comment:

  1. You really spent time exploring these sites, did you? Nice comments.
    Grammar errors--
    1. I can find out the courses I interested-->I can "find" the course I "am interested in."
    2. ... there aways exists imperfection on anything-->...Imperfection always exists.
    3. some course-->some courses

    ReplyDelete