Thursday, May 20, 2010

Assignment 7--Songs from Youtube

21 Guns (Green Day & The Cast Of American Idiot)



Lyrics for "21 Guns"

Do you know what's worth fighting for,

When it's not worth dying for?

Does it take your breath away

And you feel yourself suffocating?

Does the pain weigh out the pride?

And you look for a place to hide?

Did someone break your heart inside?

You're in ruins



One, 21 guns

Lay down your arms

Give up the fight

One, 21 guns

Throw up your arms into the sky,

You and I



When you're at the end of the road

And you lost all sense of control

And your thoughts have taken their toll

When your mind breaks the spirit of your soul

Your faith walks on broken glass

And the hangover doesn't pass

Nothing's ever built to last

You're in ruins.



One, 21 guns

Lay down your arms

Give up the fight

One, 21 guns

Throw up your arms into the sky,

You and I



Did you try to live on your own

When you burned down the house and home?

Did you stand too close to the fire?

Like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone



When it's time to live and let die

And you can't get another try

Something inside this heart has died

You're in ruins.



One, 21 guns

Lay down your arms

Give up the fight

One, 21 guns

Throw up your arms into the sky,

You and I

This song talks about the anti-war. And I think this song is very beatutiful. Frankly speaking, This is not the original song but it is a another version. If you have interesting in its original version. Please go checking.
And I also introduce another song I think is very good.

No Boundary(Kris Allen)


Lyrics for "No Boundaries"
Seconds hours so many days

You know what you want but how long can you wait

Every moment last forever if you feel you've lost your way

What if your chances are already gone

Started believing that I could be wrong

But you give me one good reason

To fight and never walk away



Coz hear I am — still holding on!



Every step you climb another mountain

Every breathe it's harder to believe



You'll make it through the pain (or through all your aches and pains)

Weather the hurricane

To get to that one thing



When you think the road is going nowhere

Just when you've almost gave up on your dreams

Then take it by the hand and show you that you can



You can go higher

You can go deeper

There are no boundaries

Above and beneath you

B-reak every rule coz there's nothing between you

And your dreams



Every step you climb another mountain

Every breathe it's harder to believe



Yeah...



There are no boundaries

There are no boundaries



With every step you climb another mountain

With every breathe it's harder to believe

Then take it by the hand and show you that you can



There are no boundaries.

There are now boundaries.

There are now boundaries.

This song was a victory song for 2009 American Idole. After listening this song, maybe I realize why this song can win the award. Because its lyrics is very encouraging, listening this song gives those ones who are in depressed restarting to face difficulties.And then, Here is a move clip that is very good.

A Whole New World (Aladdin & Jasmine )



Lyrics for "A Whole New World"
I can show you the world

Shining, shimmering, splendid

Tell me, princess, now when did

You last let your heart decide?



I can open your eyes

Take you wonder by wonder

Over, sideways and under

On a magic carpet ride



A whole new world

A new fantastic point of view

No one to tell us no

Or where to go

Or say we're only dreaming



A whole new world

A dazzling place I never knew

But when I'm way up here

It's crystal clear

That now I'm in a whole new world with you

Now I'm in a whole new world with you



Unbelievable sights

Indescribable feeling

Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling

Through an endless diamond sky



A whole new world

Don't you dare close your eyes

A hundred thousand things to see

Hold your breath - it gets better

I'm like a shooting star

I've come so far

I can't go back to where I used to be



A whole new world

Every turn a surprise

With new horizons to pursue

Every moment red-letter

I'll chase them anywhere

There's time to spare

Let me share this whole new world with you



A whole new world

That's where we'll be

A thrilling chase

A wondrous place

For you and me
 

This is a one of them song from Disney Cartoon renowned "Aladdin". I like this song because it conveys a view to see this world. Although our world is not perfect, we always can believe one day it could be and dedicate ourselves to making this world better. Finally, I find out a song from musicals that is very cheerful.

Mamma Mia


Lyrics for "Mamma Mia"
I've been cheated by you since I don't know when

So I made up my mind, it must come to an end

Look at me now, will I ever learn?

I don't know how but I suddenly lose control

There's a fire within my soul

Just one look and I can hear a bell ring

One more look and I forget everything, o-o-o-oh



Mamma mia, here I go again

My my, how can I resist you?

Mamma mia, does it show again?

My my, just how much I've missed you

Yes, I've been brokenhearted

Blue since the day we parted

Why, why did I ever let you go?

Mamma mia, now I really know,

My my, I could never let you go.



I've been angry and sad about the things that you do

I can't count all the times that I've told you we're through

And when you go, when you slam the door

I think you know that you won't be away too long

You know that I'm not that strong.

Just one look and I can hear a bell ring

One more look and I forget everything, o-o-o-oh



Mamma mia, here I go again

My my, how can I resist you?

Mamma mia, does it show again?

My my, just how much I've missed you

Yes, I've been brokenhearted

Blue since the day we parted

Why, why did I ever let you go?

Mamma mia, even if I say

Bye bye, leave me now or never

mamma mia, it's a game we play

Bye bye doesn't mean forever



Mamma mia, here I go again

My my, how can I resist you?

Mamma mia, does it show again?

My my, just how much I've missed you

Yes, I've been brokenhearted

Blue since the day we parted

Why, why did I ever let you go

Mamma mia, now I really know

My my, I could never let you go
 
This song is very cheerful and its content should be interesting. It is an accident I know this song, because this song is knew when I turned radio station. However, I don't go to search its content but leaving in my memory. Due to providing a song from musicals by teacher in class, I memorize that this song is also from musicals. Therefore I just looking for this song and post out.

No comments:

Post a Comment